Upcoming Group Class Date: Sunday March 27th, 2022 at 12pm-2pm EDT (New York time) – choose your selection on the drop down menu.
Learn how to draw bead diagrams in Inkscape to make professional and clear beading instructions. Here’s what you will get with your class purchase:
- An .svg file with a selection of commonly used bead shapes, including delicas, seed beads, superduos, pearls and bicones for your use in getting started
- A pdf tutorial: Inkscape for Bead Pattern Writers, offering a summary of the commands that you will use most frequently in creating bead patterns – a printed summary of the things we will go over in our live class.
- A recording of our class session will be available to you after the class for your reference so that you can practice the things that we learned at your own pace.
- A 2 hour Zoom class, available as a private session or in a group format:
- A Private Zoom class can be customized to suit your needs exactly and go at the pace that works best for you. You will be able to share your screen with me and work on your computer while I watch and teach you how to create your diagrams. This will be very hands on for you.
- A Group Zoom class will be set up with other students. I will be presenting by sharing my screen and you will be watching and asking questions.
- The following subjects will be covered:
- Overview of the menus and commands most used for beadweaving diagrams
- Creating simple bead shapes
- Fill and gradient editors
- paths and node editing
- duplicating, transforming, aligning and grouping
- creating thread paths
- bonus topics if time allows: creating complex bead shapes, tracing bitmaps, layering, cloning
- The following subjects will be covered:
The pdf tutorial file will be available for download immediately upon purchase of the class. There are links within the tutorial for downloading Inkscape. You will need to download and install the latest version of Inkscape before the class. You can use the pdf tutorial to become familiar with the program before class so that we can make our time together most productive.
2 Hour lesson will be provided on date and time to be determined. Hours available are EST: M-F 7pm-9pm or Sat/Sun 9am-9pm. Once we set a time and date for the class, Zoom info and an .svg file with the sample bead shapes shown here will be emailed to you. If, for some reason, we cannot set a time and date for the class, your purchase will be refunded except for a $5 charge for the pdf tutorial file.
Maria (verified owner) –
Very informative class. Susan explained how to use the Inkspace interface. It was different from other available Inkscape tutorials in that she shows you the specifics in relation to creating Bead tutorials. She gave us different options for creating beads and bead paths and even included a file with bead files we could use! It was great that all students received a recording so they could refer back when creating their own work. I feel well prepared to use the program after taking her class.
Shirley Moore (verified owner) –
Lots of helpful tips and tricks to get started learning the process.
Diane Cagnon-Ciolek (verified owner) –
Class was great. I learned enough (and more) to get a good handle on using Inkscape. Now I need to practice!
Franziska Stadelmann (verified owner) –
This class is packed with beneficial knowledge in order to create beautiful beaded diagrams. Susan is a great teacher and I just loved it!
Shannon (verified owner) –
I couldn’t be happier with the class material or the presentation. So glad I participated!
Nancy Cain (verified owner) –
I learned much more quickly with one-on-one tutoring. Inkscape is a huge program and I was able to get directly to what I need instead of having to wade around through all the options available.
Tracey Batt (verified owner) –
Loved the Inkscape class! I feel ready to tackle new projects.
Dana DeGroot (verified owner) –
Haven’t had the class yet, but I’m sure it will be awesome!
Sandy B. (verified owner) –
Very helpful content. Unfortunately, I didn’t have the right setup to follow along with the class as well as I could have. Definitely no fault of Susan’s. There was a lot of content for two hours! I probably need to take it again when I have access to a better computer setup.
Angela D Panna (verified owner) –
Dale F. (verified owner) –
Amazing amount of information was provided in the class and via the supporting materials. All very clear and well done.