Learn how to draw bead diagrams in Inkscape to make professional and clear beading instructions. Here’s what you will get with your class purchase:
- An .svg file with a selection of commonly used bead shapes, including delicas, seed beads, superduos, pearls and bicones for your use in getting started
- A pdf tutorial: Inkscape for Bead Pattern Writers, offering a summary of the commands that you will use most frequently in creating bead patterns – a printed summary of the things we will go over in our live class.
- A recording of our class session will be available to you after the class for your reference so that you can practice the things that we learned at your own pace.
- A 2 hour Zoom class, available as a private session or in a group format:
- A Private Zoom class can be customized to suit your needs exactly and go at the pace that works best for you. You will be able to share your screen with me and work on your computer while I watch and teach you how to create your diagrams. This will be very hands on for you.
- A Group Zoom class will be set up with other students at a similar level of computer expertise. I will be presenting by sharing my screen and you will be watching and asking questions.
- Select a beginner level class if you have never made any kind of bead diagram before and computer programs in general are difficult for you.
- Select an intermediate level class if you know your way around computers well and have some experience drawing diagrams in other computer programs.
The pdf tutorial file will be available for download immediately upon purchase of the class. There are links within the tutorial for downloading Inkscape. You will need to download and install the latest version of Inkscape before the class. You can use the pdf tutorial to become familiar with the program before class so that we can make our time together most productive.
2 Hour lesson will be provided on date and time to be determined. Hours available are EST: M-F 7pm-9pm or Sat/Sun 9am-9pm. Once we set a time and date for the class, Zoom info and an .svg file with the sample bead shapes shown here will be emailed to you. If, for some reason, we cannot set a time and date for the class, your purchase will be refunded except for a $5 charge for the pdf tutorial file.