Learn how to make a Kaleidocycle as inspired by Contemporary Geometric Beadwork. This is an advanced level class, suitable for those with some experience using Peyote stitch.
The class will be given in two parts, each part will be 2 hours long. You will have time to bead the first part of the project prior to our second class when we will be assembling all of the parts.
What you will need for this class:
- For Zooming: A computer, phone or tablet device with the Zoom App. Position the device so that you can use it hands free so you can bead while you watch. The bigger the screen, the better. A camera and microphone is helpful so that I can see and hear you and you can interact with others in the class with ease. If you need to, you can establish two connections – one with your phone (for camera and voice) and one with your computer (so you can see my bead mat on your computer monitor).
- Bead supplies:
- 5 grams each of 5 different colors of size 11/0 Delica beads (exact color numbers used in sample are provided in the pattern)
- Optional: in lieu of using delica beads for the hinges, many other bead types are possible, including demirounds or quarter tilas. You are encouraged to experiment!
- Thread of your choice (6 lb Fireline recommended)
- Beading tools:
- Bead Mat
- Awl (optional – helps if you need to pull out mistakes and knots)
What you will receive with this class purchase:
- Digital pattern with step by step diagrams and photos.
- Invitation to a live Zoom meeting with a maximum of 15 students. (See title for date and time)
- General information about using Zoom.
- Personal assistance during class – live response to questions. If you have a camera and can take a clear photo of your work, I will be able to provide personal feedback and make sure you are on the right track.
- A community of beaders to interact with as we learn and chat together.
- Tips and tricks for overcoming general beading problems.
- Advice for creating your own variations of the design.